Check out this fantastic 4-piece set of vintage 1960s Sonor Teardrops! Featuring beech construction, original nameplates, super-cool Kristal wrapped finish, and no signs of extra drilled holes or exposure to moisture, these drums are fully functional and ready to play right out of the box! That said, expect to find typical age-appropriate wear on all drums, including light surface scuffs and scratches, a bit of dust here and there, and a few fingerprints. Included are a 4.5x14" snare drum, 8x13" mounted tom with tom arm, 16x16" floor tom with legs, and a RARE 14x22" bass drum. Additionally, we're throwing in a period-correct Sonor snare stand, bass drum pedal, and partial hi-hat stand. Details about each individual item are as follows:
- 4.5x14" Snare Drum - Interior and bearing edges are very clean. No re-rings. Wrap is secure. Original hoops, lugs, tension rods, internal muffler, strainer, butt, and wires. Snare cord and heads are not original and have been replaced over the years. Note that the strainer cap is missing.
- 8x13" Mounted Tom - Interior and bearing edges are very clean. No re-rings. Wrap is secure. Original hoops, lugs, tension rods, internal muffler, mounting bracket (thumb screw has been replaced with a standard tension rod), and Sonor tom arm (looks like the angle-adjusting bolt on the tom arm may have been replaced). Heads are not original and have been replaced over the years.
- 16x16" Floor Tom - Interior and bearing edges are very clean. No re-rings. Wrap is secure. Original hoops, lugs, tension rods, internal muffler, legs with rubber feet, and leg mounting brackets (two of the thumb screws on the brackets have been replaced with standard wing nuts).
- 14x22" Bass Drum - Interior and bearing edges are very clean. Re-rings are present on bass drum. Wrap is mostly secure, but there are a couple loose/warped areas at the seams, as well as a small crack at one of the seams (see pics). Note the two darker, discolored areas on the wrap (see pics). These areas are not sticky, scratched, etc. and we're not sure what might have caused them to appear. Original hoops with inlays, lugs, claws, T-rods, internal muffler, and spurs. Cymbal arm bracket is also original, but its thumb screw has been replaced by a standard tension rod. Includes period-correct Sonor logo head (we're not sure if it's original) and a replaced batter head. Note that the hoop inlays are a bit loose and separating in a couple of places (see pics).
- Snare Stand - Sonor Teardrop era stand in functioning condition. Appears to be missing a set screw near the base of the basket, and possibly another at the base of the tripod.
- Bass Drum Pedal - Sonor period-correct bass drum pedal in good, functioning condition.
- Partial Hi-Hat Stand - Tripod base and pedal only. Upper tube, seat, and clutch are not included. This hi-hat stand shows more wear and corrosion than any of the other pieces and is not functional as-is. It will take a bit of work and some replacement parts to get it up-and-running.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions are to request additional photos. And remember, this vintage Sonor drumset ships FREE within the continental United States. Buyers outside the continental U.S. should message us for a shipping quote prior to purchase.
- 4.5x14" Snare Drum
- 8x13" Mounted Tom with Tom Arm
- 16x16" Floor Tom with Legs
- 14x22" Bass Drum
- Snare Stand
- Bass Drum Pedal
- Partial Hi-Hat Stand
- FREE Shipping within the Continental U.S.
- 1960s Teardrop Era
- Beech Construction
- Kristal Wrapped Finish
This item is used. “Used” means we acquired the item after it had been previously owned and used for some length of time. Used items do not include a manufacturer’s warranty and many do not have original packaging. The condition of used items varies greatly. They may be like-new or they may have some sort of serious damage. Refer to the item’s description as well as to our Appearance and Functionality scales below for more information.
APPEARANCE (How does it look?) = 3.5
- 1. Poor condition. Some type of severe cosmetic damage.
- 2. Fair condition. Cosmetic issues that may require cleaning or repair.
- 3. Good condition. Normal signs of age-appropriate wear and tear.
- 4. Very good condition. Minor signs of handling and light use.
- 5. Excellent condition. Very minor signs of handling and light use.
- 6. Brand-new condition. Opened and inspected but no signs of use.
FUNCTIONALITY (How does it work?) = 5
- 1. Does not function. May be salvageable but likely just good for parts.
- 2. Limited functionality. Some parts are fine but others require repair.
- 3. Mostly functions as designed. Usable but not perfect.
- 4. Functions as designed. Fair to good overall condition.
- 5. Functions as designed. Very good to excellent overall condition.
- 6. Functions as designed. All original and new or like-new condition.
DW Collector's Series Private Reserve Exotic VLT 5-Pc Drumset
DW Collector's Series Exotic VLT 5-Pc Drumset
Dixon Limited 3-Pc. Shell Pack, Motion Blue Burst, LM324MBBK
Vintage 1960s Sonor Teardrop 4-Pc. Drumset, Kristal Finish
Natal Arcadia 4pc. Jazz Kit, Black Sparkle, Includes Hardware
Gretsch Catalina Club 4pc. Shell Pack, Bronze Sparkle
Mapex Rebel 5pc. Drumset, Burgundy, Includes Hardware and Cymbals
Plus $100 shipping within the Continental United States.