This is a vintage Ludwig 14x20" bass drum in good overall condition. It features a pre-serial Keystone badge (early 1960s) and a Sky Blue Marine Pearl wrap. Expect to find typical age-appropriate signs of handling and use, including small scuffs and scratches, dust, fingerprints, and some corrosion here and there, but the drum is fully functional and ready to play right out of the box! More specific condition details are as follows:
- 14” Depth x 20” Diameter
- There is no rail or other mount in place for a mounted tom. This is a "virgin" bass drum.
- Ludwig pre-serial Keystone badge is snug and secure. Shows some minor corrosion.
- Sky Blue Marine Pearl wrap is secure, and the seam is tight. Expect small, scuffs and scratches, but there are no large or significant dings. Expectedly, the wrap is somewhat discolored/faded where it was exposed and cleaner/brighter where it was protected by hoops and hardware.
- Both wood hoops appear to be original to the drum. Inlays are in good shape with one small loose spot near one of the staples. Paint has been recently touched up. There are small scuffs and scratches, as well as indentions, primarily where the claws have dug into the wood over the years.
- Shell is in-round and heads seat without difficulty.
- Bearing edges are in very good condition and are typical for a drum of this era. There are no significant dings or rough spots.
- There is some extremely minor separation between the shells and reinforcement rings in a couple of spots.
- Unpainted interiors are generally very clean and in excellent condition. There is no visible date stamp, but there is a large handwritten "20" as well as some illegible pencil marks.
- Chrome lugs appear to be original, but we are unsure if the backing screws, T-rods, and claws are original. All lugs have significant surface pitting but very little rust or corrosion. T-rods and claws show scuffs, scratches, rust, and minor corrosion.
- There are mounts for four spurs total (two spurs on a side). We only have two spurs available. Both spurs were touched up at some point with metallic silver spray paint.
- Used, unbranded heads are currently in place on both the batter and resonant sides. Heads do not appear to be original to the drum. Note the black Sharpie outline around the edge of the port hole.
Please contact us with questions or to request additional photos. And remember, this vintage Ludwig bass drum ships FREE within the continental United States. Buyers outside the continental U.S. should message us for a shipping quote prior to purchase.
- Vintage Ludwig 14x20" Bass Drum as Described
- FREE Insured Shipping within the Continental U.S.
This item is used. “Used” means we acquired the item after it had been previously owned and used for some length of time. Used items do not include a manufacturer’s warranty and many do not have original packaging. The condition of used items varies greatly. They may be like-new or they may have some sort of serious damage. Refer to the item’s description as well as to our Appearance and Functionality scales below for more information.
APPEARANCE (How does it look?) = 3
- 1. Poor condition. Some type of severe cosmetic damage.
- 2. Fair condition. Cosmetic issues that may require cleaning or repair.
- 3. Good condition. Normal signs of age-appropriate wear and tear.
- 4. Very good condition. Minor signs of handling and light use.
- 5. Excellent condition. Very minor signs of handling and light use.
- 6. Brand-new condition. Opened and inspected but no signs of use.
FUNCTIONALITY (How does it work?) = 4
- 1. Does not function. May be salvageable but likely just good for parts.
- 2. Limited functionality. Some parts are fine but others require repair.
- 3. Mostly functions as designed. Usable but not perfect.
- 4. Functions as designed. Fair to good overall condition.
- 5. Functions as designed. Very good to excellent overall condition.
- 6. Functions as designed. All original and new or like-new condition.
DW Collector's Series Private Reserve Exotic VLT 5-Pc Drumset
DW Collector's Series Exotic VLT 5-Pc Drumset
Dixon Limited 3-Pc. Shell Pack, Motion Blue Burst, LM324MBBK
Vintage 1960s Sonor Teardrop 4-Pc. Drumset, Kristal Finish
Natal Arcadia 4pc. Jazz Kit, Black Sparkle, Includes Hardware
Gretsch Catalina Club 4pc. Shell Pack, Bronze Sparkle
Mapex Rebel 5pc. Drumset, Burgundy, Includes Hardware and Cymbals
Plus $100 shipping within the Continental United States.