This is a vintage Premier 14" deep x 22" diameter bass drum that recently came into our shop on trade. It'd make a great project drum for anyone willing to invest a little time and track down a few parts! We believe it dates from the 1980s and appears to have a 3-ply shell with mahogany interior and reinforcement rings. The shell is in-round and heads seat without difficulty. Bearing edges have a few minor dings and scuffs, but generally they are in good shape. The following condition issues were noted during inspection and photos:
- The black wrapped finish is secure with tight seams, but it is cracked in several places, including near the cymbal arm bracket, the double-tom bracket, and one of the spur brackets.
- Premier badge is snug but scratched. Badge number is 15386.
- The metal hoops are not original and have significant signs of wear. There's quite a bit of corrosion on the interior of one of the hoops and black paint overspray on the other. Because of their mostly flat edges, neither of the hoops fit the Premier claws very well.
- Only 15 of the 16 tension rods and claws are present. The rods and claws appear to be original. A number of the claws have black paint overspray along their interior edges.
- Spurs are missing. Spur brackets appear to be fully functional.
- The double-tom bracket is not original, and when mounted, it required the drilling of several additional holes.
- The cymbal arm bracket is missing its thumb screw. It also appears to be damaged on the interior.
- Lugs appear to be original and their chrome is in decent shape. That said, there's some type of corrosion, dirt, and/or scuffs on all of the lugs. Several of the threaded inserts are quite rusty as well.
Please contact us with any questions or to request additional photos. And remember, shipping is FREE within the continental United States. Buyers outside the continental U.S. should message us for a shipping quote prior to purchase.
- Premier 14x22" Bass Drum as Described and Pictured
- Two Aftermarket Metal Hoops
- 15 Tension Rods and Claws (1 pair is missing)
- Does not include spurs.
- Does not include heads.
This item is used. “Used” means we acquired the item after it had been previously owned and used for some length of time. Used items do not include a manufacturer’s warranty and many do not have original packaging. The condition of used items varies greatly. They may be like-new or they may have some sort of serious damage. Refer to the item’s description as well as to our Appearance and Functionality scales below for more information.
APPEARANCE (How does it look?) = 2
- 1. Poor condition. Some type of severe cosmetic damage.
- 2. Fair condition. Cosmetic issues that may require cleaning or repair.
- 3. Good condition. Normal signs of age-appropriate wear and tear.
- 4. Very good condition. Minor signs of handling and light use.
- 5. Excellent condition. Very minor signs of handling and light use.
- 6. Brand-new condition. Opened and inspected but no signs of use.
FUNCTIONALITY (How does it work?) = 3
- 1. Does not function. May be salvageable but likely just good for parts.
- 2. Limited functionality. Some parts are fine but others require repair.
- 3. Mostly functions as designed. Usable but not perfect.
- 4. Functions as designed. Fair to good overall condition.
- 5. Functions as designed. Very good to excellent overall condition.
- 6. Functions as designed. All original and new or like-new condition.
Sonor ProLite 17.5x24" Bass Drum in Nussbaum Finish with Case
Premier 14x22" Bass Drum, Black, 1980s
DW Collector's Series Private Reserve Exotic VLT 5-Pc Drumset
DW Collector's Series Exotic VLT 5-Pc Drumset
Dixon Limited 3-Pc. Shell Pack, Motion Blue Burst, LM324MBBK
Gretsch Catalina Club 4pc. Shell Pack, Bronze Sparkle
Mapex Rebel 5pc. Drumset, Burgundy, Includes Hardware and Cymbals
Plus $100 shipping within the Continental United States.