This is a used Kansas City Drumworks 8x8" tom that recently came into our shop on trade. Featuring a 6-ply 100% maple shell with 45-degree inner-cut bearing edges and chrome hardware, this tom is in good overall condition and sounds fantastic! Expect to find typical signs of age-appropriate wear like scuffs, scratches, dust, fingerprints, and some light corrosion on the chrome. Bearing edges are clean. Badge is secure but has lifted slightly along its left side. No serial number or interior markings are present. This drum was presumably manufactured in the early 1990s, but we are unsure of the exact date. Note that there is no mounting bracket, so it would have to be fitted with some type of suspension system in order to be played as a mounted tom. Also note that the natural maple finish has darkened somewhat in the center where it was exposed to light. Current heads are a used coated Evans G1 on the batter side and a used clear Remo Ambassador on the resonant side.
Please contact us with any questions or to request additional photos. And remember, shipping is FREE within the continental United States. Buyers outside the continental U.S. should message us for a shipping quote prior to purchase.
- Kansas City Drumworks 8x8" Tom as Described
- FREE Shipping within the Continental U.S.
This item is used. “Used” means we acquired the item after it had been previously owned and used for some length of time. Used items do not include a manufacturer’s warranty and many do not have original packaging. The condition of used items varies greatly. They may be like-new or they may have some sort of serious damage. Refer to the item’s description as well as to our Appearance and Functionality scales below for more information.
APPEARANCE (How does it look?) = 3
- 1. Poor condition. Some type of severe cosmetic damage.
- 2. Fair condition. Cosmetic issues that may require cleaning or repair.
- 3. Good condition. Normal signs of age-appropriate wear and tear.
- 4. Very good condition. Minor signs of handling and light use.
- 5. Excellent condition. Very minor signs of handling and light use.
- 6. Brand-new condition. Opened and inspected but no signs of use.
FUNCTIONALITY (How does it work?) = 5
- 1. Does not function. May be salvageable but likely just good for parts.
- 2. Limited functionality. Some parts are fine but others require repair.
- 3. Mostly functions as designed. Usable but not perfect.
- 4. Functions as designed. Fair to good overall condition.
- 5. Functions as designed. Very good to excellent overall condition.
- 6. Functions as designed. All original and new or like-new condition.
Sonor ProLite 17.5x24" Bass Drum in Nussbaum Finish with Case
Premier 14x22" Bass Drum, Black, 1980s
Vintage 1970s Slingerland 10x15" Field Drum, Gold Sparkle, Shell Only
Kansas City Drumworks 8x8" Tom in Natural Maple
Set of 3 Vintage Ludwig Black Vistalite Concert Toms with Original Stands and Cases
DW Collector's Series Private Reserve Exotic VLT 5-Pc Drumset
DW Collector's Series Exotic VLT 5-Pc Drumset
Dixon Limited 3-Pc. Shell Pack, Motion Blue Burst, LM324MBBK
Gretsch Catalina Club 4pc. Shell Pack, Bronze Sparkle
Mapex Rebel 5pc. Drumset, Burgundy, Includes Hardware and Cymbals
Plus $100 shipping within the Continental United States.