Here's what G&L has to say about the Legacy: "The G&L Legacy blends contemporary refinements from the Leo Fender-designed S-500 and Comanche models with classic Alnico V pickups. If your holy grail is faithful Alnico single-coil tone with modern refinements and superb craftsmanship, the Legacy makes for an excellent choice."
"The Legacy’s vintage-spec CLF-100 Alnico V pickups have that unmistakable chime and quack reminiscent of the best examples from the late ‘50s, thanks to the work of Paul Gagon, G&L VP Engineering. Gagon found his inspiration reviewing original prints stored in Leo’s private laboratory at G&L, but that was just the start. About 30 years ago, Gagon was an R&D engineer at another company when he was tasked with finding out what was so special about the early bolt-on guitars many players raved about. Gagon tirelessly analyzed many examples of what were considered holy grail guitars, spending time out on the shop floor talking to builders still working in the pickup department since the ‘50s, all on a quest to discover where the real mojo was – and wasn’t. What he learned from the builders matched his own engineering analysis. You see, back in the day, the actual spec of pickups coming that down that old production line varied considerably. That meant coming up with the right specs for the Legacy pickups was more challenging than simply following the prints. Gagon’s persistence paid off as the Legacy garnered rave reviews from both players and magazines like Guitar Player and Guitar World."
"This axe is no slave to the past, however, starting with Leo’s PTB™ (Passive Treble and Bass) system which functions on all three pickups for dramatically more variety than the vintage setup. What’s more, the Legacy features a Leo Fender-designed Dual-Fulcrum vibrato, a work of engineering art which allows bending up or down with unsurpassed stability, while offering a silky feel through its beefy aluminum vibrato arm. The Legacy’s hard-rock maple neck features an easy-playing satin finish, comfortable 9 1/2″ radius and Jescar 57110 medium-jumbo nickel-silver frets for silky playability. The moment you open the luxurious hardshell case, you’ll be greeted with a stunning instrument and delicious aroma that’ll have your pulse racing."
This guitar has been opened and displayed in our bricks-and-mortar store, and as a result, you may find a fingerprint or two and a bit of dust here and there. Be assured, however, that it is in superb condition and comes with full factory warranty.
Feel free to message us with questions or to request additional pics, and remember, this G&L Legacy in Ruby Red Metallic ships FREE within the continental United States. Buyers outside the continental U.S. should contact us for a shipping quote prior to purchase.
- G&L USA Legacy Standard Electric Guitar in Ruby Red Metallic Finish
- Deluxe Tolex Hardshell Case
- Certificate of Authenticity and Custom Build Specifications Sheet
- Alder Body
- Ruby Red Metallic Finish
- DF Vibrato Bridge
- S-Type White Knobs
- Modern Classic Neck Profile
- Hard-Rock Maple Neck and Matching Fingerboard
- Satin Clear Neck Finish
- Medium Jumbo Frets
- Black Face Dots
- Bone Nut
- G&L Standard Tuners
- G&L CLF-100 Alnico 5 Single-Coil Neck Pickup
- G&L CLF-100 Alnico 5 Single-Coil Reverse-Wound Middle Pickup
- G&L CLF-100 Alnico 5 Single-Coil Bridge Pickup
- 5-Position Blade Selector, Volume, Treble, Bass Controls
- Serial No. CLF1707093
THIS ITEM IS NEW-DEMO.
"NEW-DEMO" means that we are an authorized dealer of the item and acquired it directly from the manufacturer. We consider the item to be new because it has not been sold to or owned by another customer. NEW-DEMO items, however, have been on display in an active retail music store for some length of time. As a result, these items may have been tried out by other customers. They may be dusty, have fingerprints, stick marks, pick swirl, etc. Please refer to the item's description for more detailed information. All NEW-DEMO items come with a manufacturer's warranty (where applicable), but some may not have original manufacturer's packaging. Please refer to our Appearance and Technical Condition scales below for more information about the item’s appearance and condition.
APPEARANCE = 4.5
- Item has some type of severe damage, but something about it is still salvageable.
- Item has some damage or cosmetic issues, but parts of it are still fine. It is repairable.
- Item is clearly used but not abused. It has scuffs, scratches, etc. from normal wear and tear, but you could use it as is.
- Item is a demo unit with some dust, fingerprints, minor scratches, etc. It appears as it would after a week or two of normal use. It may or may not have original packaging.
- Item has been opened but is new without scuffs or scratches. It may have been displayed, but it has not been played.
- Item is brand spankin' new and has never been displayed. All original and as beautiful as the day it was created!
TECHNICAL CONDITION = 6
- Item is probably just good for parts. It may be restorable with a lot of care and effort.
- Item may be salvageable. Some parts of it work just fine, but other parts just aren't right.
- Item functions to some degree as is. It is usable but not perfect.
- Item is used but in great condition, or it is a demo unit from a showroom floor.
- Item is all original and in perfect working condition. You may have bought new stuff from another store in worse shape!
- Item is brand spankin' new, all original, and in perfect working condition. It's a flawless marvel of engineering!
Paul Reed Smith CE 24 in Trampas Green Smokeburst
$10% OFF! G&L Custom Doheny in Jet Black
10% OFF! G&L USA ASAT HH RMC Electric Guitar in Spanish Copper Metallic Finish
Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH HT in Satin Cobalt Blue -NEW
Remember, this Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH HT in Satin Cobalt Blue ships free to the continental United States!!
20% OFF! Ibanez RGIR28FE-BK 8-String Electric Guitar in Black
A beautiful Iron Label 8-string from Ibanez! FREE shipping!
10% OFF! Jackson Monarkh Pro SC Electric Guitar in Silverburst