APPEARANCE & CONDITION DESCRIPTIONS
We classify our online product listings into the following four categories.
- "NEW" means that we are an authorized dealer of the item and acquired it directly from the manufacturer. The item has not been on display. It may have been opened to be photographed or to make sure that it arrived safely, but other than that it has not been played, demo-ed, or handled. You will receive NEW items with all factory packaging, paperwork, and full warranty.
- "NEW-DEMO" means that we are an authorized dealer of the item and acquired it directly from the manufacturer. We consider the item to be new because it has not been sold to or owned by another customer. NEW-DEMO items, however, have been on display in an active retail music store for some length of time. As a result, these items may have been tried out by other customers. They may be dusty, have fingerprints, stick marks, pick swirl, etc. Please refer to the item's description for more detailed information. All NEW-DEMO items come with a manufacturer's warranty, but some may not have original manufacturer's packaging.
- "NEW-OLD-STOCK" or "NOS" items are those things we've purchased in previously unused condition from another music store that has closed down. We consider NOS items to be new in that they have not been rented out, pre-owned, or used. However, they may be demo units from a showroom floor or opened without original packaging. Please refer to the item's description for more detailed information. None of our NOS items come with a manufacturer's warranty.
- USED items have seen some use in some manner. They have all been put into the musical workforce and have real-world experience, and their appearances and conditions will vary widely. They may display signs of normal wear and tear, they may have a few cosmetic issues, or they may have been cared for like newborn babes! Please refer to the item's description for more detailed information. None of our USED items come with a manufacturer's warranty.
We also rate our online listings from 1 to 6 on appearance & technical condition scales.
- Item has some type of severe damage, but something about it is still salvageable.
- Item has some damage or cosmetic issues, but parts of it are still fine. It is repairable.
- Item is clearly used but not abused. It has scuffs, scratches, etc. from normal wear and tear, but you could use it as is.
- Item is a demo unit with some dust, fingerprints, minor scratches, etc. It appears as it would after a week or two of normal use. It may or may not have original packaging.
- Item has been opened but is new without scuffs or scratches. It may have been displayed, but it has not been played.
- Item is brand spankin' new and has never been displayed. All original and as beautiful as the day it was created!
- Item is probably just good for parts. It may be restorable with a lot of care and effort.
- Item may be salvageable. Some parts of it work just fine, but other parts just aren't right.
- Item functions to some degree as is. It is usable but not perfect.
- Item is used but in great condition, or it is a demo unit from a showroom floor.
- Item is all original and in perfect working condition. You may have bought new stuff from another store in worse shape!
- Item is brand spankin' new, all original, and in perfect working condition. It's a flawless marvel of engineering!